Friday, February 12, 2010

Dumbest Generation? More Like Dumbest Society.

In this day and age, advances in technology have enabled us, as not only a single generation but as a society in whole, to not really have to perform or put very much time and effort into many of the tasks that we otherwise would have had to just a few years ago. Whether it is the amount of time that it takes to communicate with friends or family who live far away or the way that we can do our jobs from home on our computer, technology has given us this option and we have ran with it. We take these privileges for granted, and it really gets under my skin when some professor makes a statement that it is just my generation. I can tell you right now that I've spent more time working with my hands and being outside in wonderful mother nature than that professor on the video has. It's real easy for him to sit back and talk about how messed up the younger kids are today than for them to take a look back at themselves and see how they are the ones who gave us the opportunity get at all of this technology that we have today. When someone can make a living in a country by talking about how messed up the citizens of that country are, but really is not doing a damn thing to help the situation, then I'd say that we've all reached the pinnacle of patheticness, not just the most recent generations who were born into a world that has constantly shoved technology down their throats. How are they not supposed to be hooked on it, it's all they know.

3 comments:

  1. Could not agree more. It is easy for Dr. Baulerein to sit back and make that claim. He thinks that since we didnt grow up when he did that we are more of a spoiled generation. We are overwhelmed by advances in technology and when he was our age he didnt have the amenities that we have today. I think he thinks that we are a spoiled generation.

    Also what you were saying about being hands on most of your life. I grew up on a farm in Alabama and as i got older i learned to work with my hands. 90% of my family lives in Alabama on farms. There are Immense amounts of callus forming sweat inducing back breaking work that must be done to keep the farm up and running. So as i grew older i became very hands on. Feeding cows, horses, and dogs. Spending hours driving and pulling fence posts out of the ground. Honestly that's not even the half of it. So yea Stine. I completely agree. I doubt Dr. Baulerein has ever done as much hands on work as you or me. 3 times a year i go and visit family back in AL and stay there for 3 weeks at a time. I spend everyday shoveling mulch, hauling wood, hunting, changing the oil in the tractors and other things such as that.

    Now back to Dr. Baulerein. He seems like to me like the kind of guy that despises kids of this generation that wear their pants down to their ankles past their but. I mean it is a style... I guess... If somebody wants to do that let them. Not my problem. I say that he most likely does not like kids like this because that style didnt exist when he was a kid. He probably had to dress up every day of his life and thus takes somebody wearing their pants passed their but as disrespect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We were raised by his generation so how can he accuse us? His generation made us this way. They bought us our first cell phone, laptop, things like that. So how can he call us the dumbest generation... Dumbest society could be right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dumbest generation is one that does not embrace the technology around it, but instead tries to return to what life was like back in the day. That generation is truly the worst, and most inefficient than any other. It is safe to say that our generation is NOT this generation as we embrace our technology stabilizing our future.

    ReplyDelete